The properties are located on the eastern edge of the village and comprise of two single storey steading conversions and three detached two storey houses. The site is steeped in history with the farm steading dating back to at least 1750 and forms part of the grounds of a 12th century chapel.
The houses have been designed around a central courtyard, yet each one offers a high level of privacy and individuality and take advantage of exceptional views to the River Tweed and the Cheviot Hills.
An eco minimalist approach has been adopted with extensive Southerly glazing to maximise solar gain, mass concrete floors, high levels of insulation and solar panels for hot water heating.
Proposals for Phases 2 and 3 are now on the drawing board and may include the rebuilding of the former county mansion on the site of Ayton Hall.
This project has been awarded in the Berwickshire Civic Society Architectural Award 2015.